January was Red All Over!!!
(this post took forever because I was waiting to download the pictures from Ted's phone)
GO UTES!!! Much to Ted's delight, Drew finally learned how to say that instead of just "Go Aggies". We took Drew to his first U of U basketball game. He loved it and made it through the whole game. He loved hearing the band play and people cheer. To my surprise he actually was somewhat interested in watching them play basketball. We had some great family fun time before work got too busy for Ted. It was a cold walk from the car but the game was fun!!!
Allergic reaction- scares the living daylights out of Drew's parents. We had to take Drew to the ER one Saturday night in January. He reacted to something unknown 2 hours after bedtime. He had thrown up, had some wheezy breathing and then the rash began to double by the minute from head to toe. The benadryl didn't stay down, so it was good we went to the ER. After some adrenaline, steroid, and benadryl injections the rash started to decrease and we were out of there within 2 hours (pretty sweet time for the ER on a Saturday night). Below is a picture of him at the ER- he is actually quite happy, the tear is from the allergic reaction.
We went to an allergist a couple weeks later and found out he is definitely allergic to peanuts (also cats and dogs). The allergist assumes that he somehow got exposed to peanuts on that scary Saturday night. I am soooo relieved to know what he is actually allergic to, I was so anxious to feed him. Truthfully, I think the reaction was fairly mild since his breathing wasn't too compromised, but I am still a little anxious about it all. We will definitely always have his benadryl and newly owned epi-pen around.
4 comments:
The picture of him and Ted at the game is adorable! So sorry to hear about the peanut allergy, but at least he's okay!!!
Poor guy. Peanuts is almost always the problem. Nasty little buggers. He is so cute. I love the Utes pics. Glad you finally did an update, its the only way I know how you all are doing :)
Holy smokes!!! Scary! How sad to be allergic to those 3 things...well actually just 2- I could live without cats. He'll never get to enjoy all the PB and chocolate stuff I'm addicted to. I'm eating a scotcheroo as I type this. Glad he's okay and you know what he's allergic to.
What a rash! I'm sure that was terrifying. Glad you got it figured out. Hope you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment