Monday, December 15, 2008

Five Weeks!

Snuggling with Mom.

Drew just loves his bear suit.

I think he looks like an astronaut.

Sarah's two favorite boys.

Long time no blog! I keep trying to pass the blogging baton off to Sarah, but so far I have been unsuccessful. Whereas in the hospital blogging had a purpose, now when I post I feel like I am just another proud parent publishing to the world how adorable my child is (isn't he, though?). Although I am not exactly comfortable with the blog's new direction, I would rather boast about my son than recount gloomy details about his health any day.
.
Enough about me! Drew is doing great! We have now had quite a few opportunities to show him off. Everyone's first reaction is still, "Wow, he is tiny!" And they are right. Since the last post, it is hard to tell whether he has really gained a lot of weight. He eats a ton and seems to get his fill, so we are not too worried.
.
Also, now that he is officially off the phenobarbital, he generally seems to be in a better mood. When we compare the hospital Drew to the Drew we have now, we can really see a difference in how far he has come. He is not the inconsolable terror that he was for the nurses, thank heavens! In fact, he loves to be held and is almost always at ease in somebody's arms. We are trying not to let him get too accustomed to being held 24/7, but when you have such a snuggly kid, that is easier said than done!
.
Anyway, Sarah, Drew (Santa's little elf), and I want to wish everybody a merry Christmas!

9 comments:

Rob said...

I love the astronaut comment and got a good chuckle!
Eliza says, "Merry Christmas!" We are looking at family blogs this morning together!

Kristin and Tyler said...

Man, oh man, Ted - you blog well. Tell Sarah that if she takes over she's going to have to throw in some of your dry sense of humor. I especially appreciated the caption about how much Drew loves his bear suit. Hilarious! You keep on "braggin'" about that baby of yours - he's a cute one and deserves to be bragged about!

Diamonds Are Forever said...

Drew is soooo cute! I am very happy that he is doing so well. I can't wait to see you all. Take care!!

Timothy and Nicole said...

Congragulations! I am a bit of a blog stalker...it's Nicole Thompson (olson) a friend of sarahs. I found your blog off abbys. He is so sweet, and I am so excited for you guys. I read a few posts. My nephew Parker had to have an EEG, and be on phenobarbital...can't spell it but he is now going to be 4 and is an extra ordinary extrodinary little boy. I am glad they were able to take him off it. Well Ted keep posting until sarah takes over because it's fun to see pictures, and read about your family. Hope you guys are getting some sleep.

The Teuschers said...

Wow, I can't believe it's already been 5 weeks (I'm sure you guys can after all you've been through). He is such a cute baby, I can't wait to see him in person.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Teddy, you are such an adorable blogger. I am really pleased w/ the direction the blog is going.

a.t.a said...

Ava & I had a visit with Drew & Sarah the other day. He is such a sweet baby. He is so calm & cute! Keep the posts coming!

Archibald's said...

Really- 5 weeks already! Yay! He is so cute! And that's what blogs are for- so keep showing off that little guy! We love it!

Megan said...

Once again I read your blog and am not disappointed as I come away with a laugh and getting to see cute Drew! Maybe Sarah doesn't want the blog "baton" because she is worried she can't live up to your humor Ted! But Sarah, if that's the case, don't worry because I would personally love to hear your side of life with Drew! I can't believe 5 weeks has already gone by...so fast! Thanks for the updates, I love them!