Monday, March 30, 2009

The BIG 30

Happy Big 30 Ted!
Ted has finally joined me and turned 30 yesterday. I was so excited because his birthday was on a Sunday this year so he didn't have to work. We had a nice relaxing day at home.

On Saturday he was able to get off work a little early and we went to dinner at the Mandarin with most of his family (we missed you Ryan and Annie). We had a blast! It was so much fun we extended the evening and all went out for gelato.

Here is the family at the Mandarin

I had been waiting for Ted to be home so we could start feeding Drew rice cereal. We decided what better day than his birthday. Drew didn't seem to mind the taste, but hasn't quite figured out how to swallow it. It is hard to tell in the pictures but most of it ended up on his face and bib.

Here is Drew before the mess began.

Drew is always wondering what the camera is all about.


He seemed to really love the yellow bowl we were using, he kept on lunging for it.

He loved chewing on the spoon.

After Drew's big meal my boys were pretty tired and they enjoyed a nap together.


After the nap we enjoyed some yummy lemon chiffon cake.

7 comments:

Allie and Fam said...

What a fun day!! Happy Birthday Ted!

Diamonds Are Forever said...

Happy Birthday Ted!!!! 30 years old? I can hardly remember those days. Drew, your so big eating cereal.

Nettie Martin said...

"Happy Birthday Ted!" sent via the Blog...Sarah make sure the message gets relayed.

Looked like a fun weekend- and that cake looked HEAVENLY! Can't wait for our party after April 15th. I'm starting to count down till Ted's busy season is over =)

Kristin said...

Yes, Happy Birthday, Ted!
I LOVE the second picture of Drew eating the cereal and keeping an eye on the camera. Hilarious. What a handsome little dude.

JWolfgramm said...

Happy Birthday Ted!!!! And what a big boy!! (Drew - that is!) haha. he is doing great in the bumbo!

Chad and Margaret Olson said...

Wow what oldie pants you guys are! JK Chad turns 30 this year too and it is so weird to me. I hope you had a fabulous day. We need to see you guys sometime. Your little guy is so cute. Happy b-day! Sorry it's late!

Megan said...

Well I guess I am a little behind on the times, but happy really belated birthday Ted! I loved all the pictures of Drew, and I REALLY loved getting to see him and you, Sarah, the other day! It made my day!!