+192.jpg)
Finding out the big news: In March I had a horrible cold and Ted convinced me I should take a pregnancy test before taking some medicine. To my surprise it was postitive. So finding out that I was pregnant was exciting but frustrating because I really wanted some medicine to feel better, so to make sure it was truly positive I sent Ted to the store to buy another pregnancy test.
At 6 weeks I thought I had miscarried so I got an ultra sound and I saw Drew's tiny heart beat (it was amazing!). The next couple months of nausea were quite an adventure.
Gardiner Girls trip to St. George: All the Gardiner girls went to St. George in April for a little vacation. It was very relaxing and fun to be with all the girls. (In the summer the boys had their annual Gardiner Open golf trip)



Wasatch Back: This summer Ted decided continue his love to run by being in the Wasatch back. He had a great time.
Bear Lake and camping: We had a blast this summer going camping (including girls camp) and to family reunions. One of my favorite summer experiences was the Stevenson family reunion at Bear Lake. The whole fam was there and it was a blast! Ted was pretty proud of the sand castle we all made.

NYC with Bill and Karen: In August we took our last trip before having a baby and visited our good friends Bill and Karen in the "Big Apple". We had a blast and loved seeing their new life as New Yorkers. Our camera was broken so we don't have to pictures to document the trip.
October fun!- October was great because Ted finished fall busy season just in time to plan an amazing 30th birthday for me. He planned the day surprising me with 30 different envelopes to guide me through the day. This included going to breakfast, a massage, a nap, shopping, and dinner! We also had a lot of fun making our costumes for Halloween (we stole the idea from my brother and sister-in-law). I was an oven (with a bun in the oven) and Ted was the baker.

How the Blog got started: And now we are to where the blog got started.... baby Drew. 2008 has been quite a ride (and I got quite large) but overall it has been even better than expected.

+271.jpg)

8 comments:
What a story and it has only just begun. It only gets better and better I promise. Being a wife and mother, there is nothing in the world that compares. Okay maybe being a husband and father.
Can you believe 2008 has come and gone? Holy Smokes! And SO much has happened to our little group. Can't wait for 2009...especially for the summer of love- for the marrieds not me =)
Hi, Ted...this is Jason Smith, from BYU. I feel like an uninvited guest at your blog, but I was chatting with Wendy Campnell today, and she told me the good news about the birth of your son. I hope you'll excuse my intrusion and accept my congratulations to you and Sarah on your new addition to the family (...and, for that matter, on the Utes' incredible season).
I've been completely unproductive at work for the past 30 minutes while I've read your blog; the content has been very touching.
My wife and I had a somewhat similar experience when our second child was born. He had a prolapsed umbilical cord during delivery that led to an emergency C-section and an APGAR score of 1 at the first minute. Like Drew, he had to be resuscitated. We went through a few days of tests to find out how he was doing after going a few minutes without oxygen, and it was a difficult time. Fortunately, all came out OK and he's now in his terrible twos and loves to run around the house pretending to be Spiderman!
I hope you and your family are doing well in the weeks since Drew has been able to come home. I wish you all the best in this new year!
I'd love to catch up and see how the past 4.5 years have been for you. We have a blog on blogspot for invited guests, and I'd be thrilled to share an invite with you. If you get a second, drop me a line at esmeet7@gmail.com, and I'll send you an invite.
Take care, and God bless!
What a fun post, Sarah! I loved it! You guys are traveling maniacs. I didn't know what Ted did for you for your birthday - that was cute...AND I definitely was out of the loop on your Halloween costumes - HILARIOUS!!!
Sarah, no disrespect to Ted, but you are way better at blogging than he is....that kid needs to work on his sandbox attitude...
Loved the 2008 highlights!
How fun!! I'm glad you decided to join the blogging world so we can keep in touch a little better- Not that I am that great at updating mine- but it was fun to see what you have been up to this past year!
Your halloween costumes are very creative! I had no idea Ted ran the Wasatch Back. I need to get some pointers!
Yay for the recap! Good work Sarah! I loved reading about your year, and seeing your costumes! You had told me the idea but I never got to see the finished product, and I must say they are awesome! I think you are back at work here in a couple of weeks, yay for us! (probably not so yay for you...) Keep blogging!
Post a Comment