Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009: So Far, So Good

On Christmas Day, in the morning, Drew gave us a gift: his first smile! It was so fun to actually interact with him. He greeted us with coos and cahs. What a great present! Santa brought Drew his favorite treat for Christmas: a bottle of milk (see the picture at the right). Drew cried -- milk was all he had been asking for for days and days. The picture below shows us enjoying Christmas (Sarah gave me a Mr. Happy t-shirt).
.
.
Since Sarah is much better at feeding Drew in public (as shown in the picture to the right), we were able to take Drew a lot more places. RSV is always a concern, so we try to be careful. One of the places we took him was to my brother's house to watch the Sugar Bowl last Friday night. Drew seemed to be in awe of the University of Utah's sheer dominance, power, speed, poise, passion, and beauty. I am pretty sure he will one day play football for the U (mother permitting). Look at the group of happy Utes (below). Except for my Dad (at left), the five brothers, including me, all got degrees from BYU. We are all die-hard Utah fans.
. He keeps growing, slowly but surely (we think he is up to 8 lbs, 11 oz or so). He is a good sleeper. Sarah has to wake him up to eat during the night. In fact, the other night he slept for 7 hours straight! Like I mentioned earlier, he has started cooing which is very fun. Next week he goes in for his two month checkup (already?) and accompanying shots. He has been poked and prodded so many times, these shots will be a cake walk. He is a pro.
.
I am glad to have this little guy around. All he has to do is show me one of those big crocodile tears, and my heart is rips open.
.

Mother and child, asleep.

12 comments:

Allie and Fam said...

Time goes by so fast with these little guys! I'm glad things are going well... I'll even throw a 'good job' in for you for the Utes!

Anonymous said...

What a fun post! I love the feeding picture, but my favorite is the die hard Ute fans/BYU graduates. That is a great success story:) Go Utes, and Wildcats! Woot!

Diamonds Are Forever said...

I love the picture of Sarah and Drew sleeping. That one should be blown up and framed. Glad to hear Drew is doing well.

Kristin and Tyler said...

Holy smokes! I just laughed so hard when I saw the picture of Sarah "nursing in public" that I probably woke Eli up from his nap! Hilarious! What makes it even more funny is the fact that she's probably a lot better at it than I am. Ah, the joys...
Hope you're feeling better, Ted!

Megan said...

Okay first things first. The picture of Sarah feeding Drew in public...PRICELESS! I was laughing so hard I almost peed my pants (almost don't worry). Sarah you are my favorite! And that picture of you and Drew sleeping is adorable. Definitely frame it. I am glad to hear that Drew was a fan of the Sugar Bowl Game. It was pretty awesome and i am glad he was able to be a part of it!
Who knew that BYU fans could choose the Right and pick Utah? That was a first for me!
-megan

Ted said...

Megan, just to clarify -- We (my brothers and I) are not BYU fans that cheer for the U, we are Utah fans that went to the Y. There is a difference.

The Teuschers said...

ha ha that picture is hillarious!! I remember feeling like that in the beginning. I'm glad to hear that things are going as good as they are. Miss you and and can't wait to get together sometime soon.

Megan said...

Oh my apologies Ted! You are right there is DEFINITELY a difference between going to the Y and being a Y fan! I am glad your loyalties lie with the true Utah school! (and again, sorry for suggesting you were ever a Y fan, if that was ever accused of me I would probably cry all night long)

Jared and Reini said...

Love the post! I can't believe how big Drew is getting! You two are darling!

Bar M U said...

If Drew is any good he can play football for the U. If he isn't so good he can be the star player for the aggies :)

Still love the aggies, but just keepin' it real!

Bethany said...

First thing Ted, a real U fan would not go to BYU. I know you were born a U fan and are going to die a U fan, but there's a big Y on your diploma.

Anyway, as I was reading your post, when I started reading the paragraph about that "he is still growing and growing" my mind was still back on the sentence where you mentioned your Dad, so I thought you were referring to your Dad rather than Drew. Kind of funny if you read it like that.

Abby said...

Mom told me there was a post on your blog that was very funny and she laughed out loud. I think this may have been it because I got a big chuckle at the milk in the stocking and you under the covers trying to nurse. Loved it!