Friday, January 23, 2009

Turning over already!

I have been meaning to post this for over a week now, but it was hard to find the time. Drew is starting to be even more interactive and talkative, I love it! The other day he was getting fussy and I came over to him and a big smile broke out on his face, he was just wanting to see me and be social. Here are a couple pictures of him cooing and talking to me.



The biggest news is that about 2 weeks ago (right around his 2 month birthday) he turned over. I hadn't been very good at doing tummy time because he has such a strong neck (he is constantly arching his head back to look around), but I decided to have tummy time. The first day of tummy time he turned over (from tummy to back) and I thought it was probably just a fluke thing but then 4 more times on the second day. What a strong boy. He doesn't like to show off to people (we have tried to show his trick many times, as all proud parents do). We did catch it on camera and the pictures are below.






13 comments:

Karen said...

Way to go Drew! We're trying to be more diligent about tummy time too, but Sam hates it!

Megan said...

Oh my gosh! That is so exciting! Sarah, he is the most gorgeous, adorable little boy ever! He gets more and more handsome every day! I really am in awe at just how sweet he is! Yay for him rolling over! Drew you rock!

The Teuschers said...

ha ha I might not have believed that he rolled over already, but now that I've seen the before/during/after pictures, I'm a believer!! he's so cute!

Bar M U said...

Holy Cow - he's ADVANCED!! My kid's 4 months and hardly moves, let alone roll over. With his gene pool, I'm sure it's only a preview of all the good things to come :)

Desiree said...

I'm sorry he's mobile so early! Maybe he'll grow up to be a professional athlete and support you in your old age!

Laura said...

Tummy time! So cool. I miss you both!

Diamonds Are Forever said...

Good for Drew!!! Yeah!! He is such a beautiful baby. Just enjoy him!!!

Erica said...

Go Drew! Ryan rolled over early too. Watch out, he may be an active one!! ;) He sure is a cutie

Nate said...

Those are some great action shots. "Tummy time" might be my new favorite phrase. :)

Gardiner Blogs said...

Sarah & Ted,
It has been forever since I have seen him! He is really growing! Rolling over already - what a talented kid! I hope all is going well!
Amy

Nettie Martin said...

That's too funny. So...so far he has his mommy size and his daddy's strength? Cute pictures!

Chad and Margaret Olson said...

Ihaven't been a blogger forever, therefore I haven't been updated as I would like to be on your lives! Little Drew is just ADORABLE! I need to see him in person!

JWolfgramm said...

WOW!! That's awesome! what a cutie he is! Manoa has a hard time turning over - he has a little bit of a "weight issue".