Drew has officially been home for two days now! He has already asserted his rightful place as king of our house. I am sure that all of you parents out there will just laugh at this next statement, but Drew's version of sleep consists of lying down and screaming his lungs out as hard as he can (don't let all of these calm pictures fool you). It doesn't matter what we try to do to console him; he has made it clear that he is not interested in our help. Life at home hasn't been all bad for Drew. He is turning into a pretty good eater, which is great considering that a few short days ago in the hospital it was all we could do just to get him to eat a tiny bit. There are no more wires keeping him tethered to some machine. We don't feel the same amount of pressure for him to eat or pee, with doctors and nurses keeping all sorts of stats of such things. So life is good, if we could just get him to sleep.
I will say that between about 4:00 PM and 8:00 PM on Saturday afternoon Drew seemed uncharacteristically calm. I think it had something to do with his favorite football team winning a big game.
9 comments:
Whoo hoo Drew is a Utes fan. Good thing too...
Yeah those Utes are looking pretty good and so is their newest fan. Way to go Drew! I was so happy to pull up your blog and see the news that he's come home. Emily Murphy was asking about him today at Stake Conference.
We saw your Aunt and Uncle released today. They shared beautiful testimonies with us all. The stake really loves them and will miss their service. A man was called to be President who was President Faust's Stake President many years ago if I understood correctly.
Thanks for the posts. This is the first time I've really started following a blog. :)
He is so sinkin cute. I hope that you both can get some sleep soon. Truth is you probably won't unless you get someone to watch Drew and you both take an afternoon nap. Call I would love to help. Take care!!!
Great news! So glad to hear your little family is home now.
Ted, I hate to be the bearer of truth, but maybe Drew is crying because his dad is assuming things about him and making decisions for him that aren't his to make...just because Drew hasn't reached the age of accountability doesn't mean he doesn't have a choice. What if he wants to be a Cougar? I think this is a reality that you'll just have to accept...Sarah, please do what you can to dry all of Ted's tears of disappointment. I know it won't be pretty.
Drew hates the U, he told me
I see that there have been a couple of Cougar fans who have made obscene or vulgar comments that had to be deleted.
Very interesting...
It's nice to hear that the little guy is already showing signs towards becoming a great Utes fan.
Congrats on getting home! I hope he gets sleeping better soon! We think Babies have a sonar for when they are laid down... they can be totally out cold and still wake up! Oh the joys of a newborn.
Go Utes! (:
Post a Comment